Re: RFC: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

> Merging all those ideas, I suggest we drop Status/Commit/Patch and use
> the following format:
>
> Origin: <upstream|backport|vendor|other> : <url-or-commit>

I'd still suggest having the extra information optional in the case of
anything but “other”:

    "Origin: upstream" [ ": " <url-or-commit> ]
    "Origin: backport" [ ": " <url-or-commit> ]
    "Origin: vendor" [ ": " <url-or-commit> ]
    "Origin: other: " <url-or-commit>

In other words, a keyword is required, and extra information is optional
except for “other”.

> Forwarded: <yes|no|not-needed|<url-or-text>>

Again, I'll warn against specifying “one of these keywords, or whatever
you like” since that begs for collisions in future when trying to
introduce new keywords.

Instead, I would specify ‘Forwarded’ similar to the above, with:

    "Forwarded: yes" [ ": " <url-or-text> ]
    "Forwarded: no" [ ": " <url-or-text> ]
    "Forwarded: not-needed: " <url-or-text>

--
 \        “When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to |
  `\                  ask is if they ever press charges.” —Jack Handey |