Re: RFC: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mercredi 17 juin 2009 à 12:40 +0200, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> >    * `Bug-<Vendor>` or `Bug` (optional)
> >
> > -    It contains one or more URLs (space separated) pointing to the related bugs
> > -    (possibly fixed by the patch). The `Bug` field is reserved
> > -    for the bug URL(s) in the upstream bug tracker.
> > +    It contains one URL pointing to the related bug (possibly fixed by the
> > +    patch). The `Bug` field is reserved for the bug URL in the upstream
> > +    bug tracker. Those fields can be used multiple times if several
> > +    bugs are concerned.
>
> It’s already better, but for more readability, would it be possible to
> have a registered list of bug tracking aliases? For example:
>         Bug-Debian: #12345
>         Bug-Ubuntu: #2356
>         Bug-GNOME: #5671

It should be possible. I see one problem here though. Bug-Gnome is really
"Bug" because it's the upstream bug. While we can have an URL mapping for
each vendor, it's not possible for the non-qualified entry used for the
upstream case.

> Otherwise, I appreciate the proposed changes. They make it less of a
> problem if the information in the package is not up-to-date and follow
> our maintenance process closely.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/