Re: RFC: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

Hi Raphaël,

On Mon, June 15, 2009 18:12, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> please find below a first draft of DEP-3 that I called Patch Tagging
> Guidelines. The idea is to standardize a set of meta-information to embed
>  in patches that we apply. Please review, share your comments and ideas
> of enhancements.

For me a key question that the proposal doesn't answer is what value this
formalisation would add. Yes, indeed patches should be commented, but what
is the problem with the current situation where we just put freeform text
above the patch? That works fine for me. Every formalisation has a cost
and I'm not sure here that it's offset by the (which?) benefits.

Thijs