Re: Removal of fc-cache calls in postinsts

2009/6/14 Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>:

> Re-running fc-cache used to be done by defoma, but people kept adding
> fc-cache calls manually.  They turned out to have been right, since
> defoma support was ripped out of fontconfig a while ago.

It was? I still see this file in the fontconfig package (2.6.0-3):

/usr/share/defoma/scripts/fontconfig.defoma

I read somewhere a future version of fontconfig (presumably the branch
shipped with Fedora) won't even need the dpkg trigger, running apps
will automatically detect newly installed fonts.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise