Re: Removal of fc-cache calls in postinsts

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:08:26PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> since version 2.6.0-4, fontconfig includes a trigger that will re-run
> fc-cache whenever needed.

> Therefore, all font packages that currently do this in the postinst are
> strongly advised to remove these calls. The performance gains during
> upgrades should be huge.

Don't these packages need to add a versioned dependency on fontconfig at the
same time?

Strangely, most of the font packages on my system appear to have
autogenerated postinst snippets for defoma from dh_installdefoma, but
there's no equivalent for fc-cache which has been added everywhere by hand.
Should there be a dh_fontconfig, to handle correctly generating versioned
deps?