Re: i386.changes vs source.changes

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
>> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

>>> Well, yes, it's superfluous for Debian, which doesn't support
>>> source-only uploads.
>
>> But not for hackers preparing packages for Debian, who want to present
>> those for others to inspect or collaborate on. A prime example being
>> the mentors.debian.net workflow.
>
> So, y'all realize that pdebuild --buildresult .. by default breaks the
> *_source.changes file that it generates because it regenerates a source
> package as part of the regular build, right?  How are you actually using
> that *_source.changes file?  Always having pdebuild put its build
> results in a different location than where it generates the source
> package?

What does it actualy do?

a) Build binary+source in *_arch.changes?
b) Build binary and merge in *_sources.changes?
c) Build binary only?

You sound like it does a, which I would consider slightly buggy. It
should really do b or c depending on options or at least remove the
*_sources.changes when it breaks it.

MfG
        Goswin