Re: i386.changes vs source.changes

On 2009-05-14, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> Malte Forkel <malte.forkel@berlin.de> writes:
>> After some more checking and thinking, I guess I know what's causing
>> my problems: Its me, probably! I assume the source.changes files are
>> created while I setup everything for building a package, e.g. by
>> dh_make calling dpkg-buildpackage -S or whatever. I then use either
>> debuild and pdebuild to build the binary packages. But while debuild
>> replaces the source.changes file by an i386.changes file, pdebuild
>> places the i386.changes file in /var/cache/pbuilder/result and does
>> not replace the source.changes file.
> The _source.changes file created by pdebuild is useless.  I always
> delete it in my shell alias that runs pdebuild.  I suppose I should have
> gotten around to filing a wishlist bug to have pdebuild delete it.

Without having looked at it (sorry), is it possible that it does call
dpkg-buildpackage instead of debian/rules to clean the current directory
to build a source package for use with pbuilder?  That would be another
data point of a script going through the dpkg-buildpackage API instead
of the debian/rules one which would accomplish the same.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern