Re: Possible mass bug filing: non-doc packages recommending doc packages

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 06:14:34PM -0400, Travis Crump wrote:
If the documentation is something designed to be viewed in a web browser
and the user has broadband, it is arguably easier to find it on the web.
 Even knowing precisely where it is[/usr/share/doc/aptitude is it -doc
or just aptitude, oops I already found it online google aptitude doc
first result], it is still arguably faster to find it online and once
you bookmark it is virtually identical.

You are assuming all our user-base has high-speed broadband Internet access
which is certainly not the case. High speed Internet access is still a luxury
in some countries of the world.

Regards

Javier

Exactly. Like the U.S.A., for instance. Millions of people are still doomed to dialup, here.

Mark Allums