Re: Possible mass bug filing: non-doc packages recommending doc packages

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag wrote:

> I filed a lintian wishlist bug (#527363) requesting a I/W tag when non
> documentation packages recommend documentation packages.
(...)

> Would there be any objections to filing minor/wishlist bugs against these
> packages?  I am including a tentative dd-list corresponding to the packages
> [1] that I found after manually removing some packages [2].  I will modify it
> based on suggestions.

I think that lintian warning is the right way to do it.

As we see, there are a lot of "false positives", so an eventual mass bug filling
will require a lot of manual check before filling the bug
(yes, I think the main task in this case should be on the reporter, not
on the maintainer).

ciao
	cate