Re: texlive restrictive licence in main prevents derived works?

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> It looks like packages that build-depend on tex* will simply not build
> on Emdebian Grip - for (of all things) legal reasons - without pulling
> the unchanged Debian packages. It means bringing in the massive
> Packages.gz file from Debian but then, the texlive dependencies aren't
> exactly small.

Well, if you tell us which files are needed for, say, docbook-utils,
we'd be willing to create a legal package which only contains what's
really needed for that. Same for other documentation-generation tools.

>> What's the problem with that package?
>
> Emdebian Grip drops Recommends

No problem to lower tl-base's dependency on tl-base-doc to
Recommends. But still, what's the problem with downloading and
installing a package with

Installed-Size: 1216

?

Regards, Frank