Re: Possible mass bug filing: non-doc packages recommending doc packages

On Fr, 08 Mai 2009, Neil Williams wrote:
> TeX docs should only be installed on systems where users need to write
> TeX - any dependencies that bring in TeX docs merely to support

Come on. That we do NOT install the docs by default is already a
concession. We could stop this discussion and I kill all the -doc
pakcages and include the doc files unconditionally into the packages,
due to the requirements of the LPPL.

Do you prefer that?

The bottom line is that *without* user interaction the documentation
files *HAVE*TO*BE*INSTALLED*. Full stop.

/-------
| 2.  You may distribute a complete, unmodified copy of the Work as you
| received it.  Distribution of only part of the Work is considered
| modification of the Work, and no right to distribute such a Derived
| Work may be assumed under the terms of this clause.
\-------

Best wishes

Norbert

SIMPRIM (n.)
The little movement of false modesty by which a girl with a cavernous
visible cleavage pulls her skirt down over her knees.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff