Re: "Debian is switching to EGLIBC"

Martin Langhoff wrote:
On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Jon Dowland
<jon+debian-devel@alcopop.org> wrote:
only to say that "this is really just applying a patch, no need to panic".

How about defaulting to assume if the maintainer hasn't posted,
there's no reason to panic. Assume the maintainer knows better than
slashdot or reddit about his/her own package :-)

Is Debian a community or instead random developers and users with
some common (???) objectives?

BTW you are right, but we saw the notice in LWN, where it describes EGLIBC
as a library targeted to embedded systems, that now (because of the blog post)
seems mature for other use.
Do you think this is reassuring?  I think that right information at
right place is a lot better than misleading information (found in wrong places).

So let Debian community to know where Debian is going.  This has nothing
to do about the decision of the maintainers.

BTW we are speaking about libraries, which affects a lot of packages (this
in particular), we have a lot of notices about libraries transitions (and troubles)
so I think it is normal to expect worries; OTOH I know that we should not
worry).  It is human (yes Debian is also human!).

ciao
	cate