Re: "Debian is switching to EGLIBC"

Michael Prokop a écrit :
> * Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
>> Le mercredi 06 mai 2009 =C3=A0 18:18 +0200, Michael Prokop a =C3=A9crit :
>
>>> Where did this decission (and the discussion around it) took place?
>>> I can't find anything neither on debian-devel nor on debian-devel-glibc.
>
>> Do all maintainers need your approval before switching to another branch
>> for packages they maintain?
>
> No. Though I think that for essential packages like libc it could be
> worth a public discussion.

Should we also ask permission to everybody before uploading a new
version of the libc?

Frankly there is far less difference between GLIBC 2.9 and EGLIBC 2.9
than between GLIBC 2.9 and GLIBC 2.10.

I could also have just taken the EGLIBC patches and put them in
debian/patches, no one would have noticed.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73