Re: "Debian is switching to EGLIBC"

Quoting John Goerzen (jgoerzen@complete.org):

> So I think the problem here is not that you made a technically bad
> decision.  It sounds like you made a good decision. It's how it was
> communicated.

I guess that, in some way, the glibc maintainers wanted to save us
from a probably very long and useless thread in -devel.

I personnally applause to the technical decision, mostly because I
have a very deep confidence in glibc maintainers ability to handle
this properly and take the right decisions.

Still, as John points, I think that something should have happened
before this, in a more publicly visible place than the "internal"
development mailing list or a blog entry.

Maybe a discussion with the Technical Comittee first, or something
like this. Maybe even an annoucement in -devel-announce.

Again, this is certainly not about "asking permission" to do things
that *are* in the field of expertise of glibc maintainers but *anyway*
communicating with others and not "just" announce this change in a
blog post. I hope that you guys will understand that suggestion.