Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 09:20 +1000, Brian May wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:54:07PM +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> > If the sender of the previous email is subscribed to the list:
> >   If I select "Reply":
> >     To=mailing-list
> >     CC=
>
> What if you are replying to a response to somebody who is not
> subscribed to the list?

in my mail, sender meant the sender of the previous mail.

> The emailer you are responding to may not want to be CCed, but the
> initial person may want to get the CCs.
>
> In case this is not clear,
>
> A: initial message from somebody not subscribed
> B: response to A somebody who is subscribed.
>
> You want to respond to B, so sender(A) needs a CC but sender(B) doesn't.
> I don't think this is uncommon.

You are right, the "cascading" should be handled too (It would be much
more effective if it was tracked by a "tool", rather than by humans, as
it is currently).

I would be interesting to analyse how often people asked to be CC'ed,
but are dropped after just one or two replies.

Regards,

Franklin