Re: Comparing MarkDown and reST (Was: Consistent formating long descriptions as input data)

Andreas Tille dijo [Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 04:51:56PM +0200]:
>   3. s/^(\s*)[.o]\s+/\1* /
>      This enables rendering lists using 'o' and '.' as bullets

I know 'o' is a character visually similar to a bullet... But I would
really prefer to discourage its use as such, specially if now lists
will be proplerly rendered. Yes, having a single 'o' is not usual in
English - But it can be easily mis-detected i.e. for users relying on
DDTP and using Spanish, 'or' is translated to 'o'. Which, if rendered
as the first word in a line, will cause said line to be incorrectly
rendered and unreadable.

Adding the requirement of having an empty line above (or being the
first line in the long description) could work, at least for this
particular case. But I'd prefer dropping 'o' as a bullet marker.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23