Re: Comparing MarkDown and reST (Was: Consistent formating long descriptions as input data)

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 04:51:56PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
>>  I'm happy to support whatever markup language people want to use.
> I used for markdown
> and for reST

FYI:

As I checked popularity of similar plain text formatters via popcon,

  http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch12.en.html#listoftoolstohigghtplaintextdata

asciidoc 0.8% installed
markdown 0.4% installed
rest2web 0.1% installed

The packaged version of asciidoc is not yet support multilevel
buletting beyond 2 levels.  But upstream one does it now.

As long as these converter are trimmed in the customized configuration,
I think any one of them are fine (at least for English).

Osamu