Re: debconf templates: Choices displayed different to values

Quoting Lucas Brasilino (lucas.brasilino@gmail.com):

> Thanks a lot for you answer. By the way, can you please point me out
> some updated
> documentation about templates, debconf protocol, commands, etc?

If you introduce debconf templates, you may want to get them reviewed
by the debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org mailing list *before*
introducing them.

If you really need the templates and can't wait for a review, then
introduce them as non translatable first (not prepending with "_", the
Choices:, Description:, etc, fields)....and turn them to translatable
once they're reviewed.

> My primary reference is [1] which is surely helpful... but quite old....

man debconf-devel
man po-debconf

These may bring useful information to you.....and so does "old"
documentation as the debconf protocol didn't change that much over
years.