Re: ignoring the CoC in regards to cc:s (Re: Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff?

Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> writes:

>   * I don't know much about mailing list software, so I'm not going to be as
>     bold as to suggest I know what the solution is. However, on all the other
>     lists, I never get duplicate copies of email when people reply to me with an
>     unnecessary CC. Perhaps they are intelligently filtering out recipients from
>     the mailing list software?

Don't know about the Debian list server, but mailman for example can
be set to not send a list posting to someone who is already in To: or
Cc:.  But, I don't like that because I have my mail sorted by List-Id
and mails sent directly to me obviously don't have that header.

Also, for example cyrus can filter out duplicate mail.  But, since the
direct mail is usually faster than the one going through the list
server, this results in the same problem as above.

That's why I like the way Debian lists are setup and the CoC.

>   * The Debian lists do not have a Reply-To header, meaning that by default my
>     email client wants to send replies to individual posters. To get the mailing
>     list included in the reply means that I have to reply to all. It's a very
>     easy mistake to make, not to remember to manually shuffle these addresses
>     around each time I want to send a follow up. Don't make me think!

Doesn't mutt have a reply-to-list functionality?

Matthias