Should we still purge GConf schemas from the old directory?

Hi,

a long time ago, packages using GConf used to ship schemas
in /etc/gconf/schemas. Now, they are moved to /usr/share/gconf/schemas.
However, during upgrades, dpkg would let the old file in place since it
was a conffile. This is why dh_gconf still adds, in the postrm, a
snippet to purge these conffiles if they still exist in the old place.

I’m considering asking for the removal of this snippet, since it is only
useful for those having upgraded a pre-woody system all along. While I’m
one of those doing that, I’m not sure there are as many people like
that, and I guess they could live with some file left over if they have
already been left over for so many years.

Thoughts anyone?
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :