Re: Should we still purge GConf schemas from the old directory?

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> I’m considering asking for the removal of this snippet, since it is only
> useful for those having upgraded a pre-woody system all along. While I’m
> one of those doing that, I’m not sure there are as many people like
> that, and I guess they could live with some file left over if they have
> already been left over for so many years.

If all files in /etc/gconf/schemas are totally useless (i.e., nobody
reads them), why not put a big cleanup hack in, say, gconf itself that
just removes that directory entirely.  (In addition to removing the
snipped from dh_gconf.)

(But maybe I have misunderstood the situation, of course.)