Re: Item lists bulletting

On Thu, Apr 16 2009, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Andreas Tille a écrit :
>
>> I have not found any recommendation regarding this at the SRP Wiki page
>> [1].
>> I vaguely remember that this Smith project was initially driven by a French
>> guy who might try to push a French habit into the English world. ;-)
>
> Of course. Because, contrary to the world of English language, we *do*
> have written rules for such cases. From the "Lexique des règles
> typographiques en usage à l'Imprimerie Nationale" (which is the
> reference for all typographic conventions for the French language....the
> reference book of all French TeXnicians) :

        Perhaps such rigidity is the reason the Lingua Franca around the
 world has come to be English? :-)

        I really do not think that needless consistency is something we
 should pursue. Indeed, I'll go and scable the bullet symbols I use for
 unsorted lists to get away from the mind numbingly boring consistency,
 and provide some variety for my readers.

        manoj
--
A well-known friend is a treasure.