Re: Yes, we have bugs

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 09:57:25PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Luca Niccoli
>
> | But what if I don't need hotplugging? Why should I bear hal flaws if I
> | don't need its features?
>
> A machine without USB or PCI is not a particularly common sight those
> days.  Heck, even machines without SATA are becoming uncommon.

My desktop machine with USB, PCI, SATA, eSATA, PCIe and Firewire. And it runs
happily, supports hotplugging devices, *without* hal.

hal, AFAIK, is useful for users who don't want to customize systems; once you
start customizing, hal and similar tools more get in the way than help.

Just my oppinion. Everyone is of course entitled to disagree.

regards,
iustin