Re: lilo about to be dropped?

Martin Wuertele wrote:
> Actually lilo is installed by lenny d-i if you use root-sw-raid with
> LVM, even if your /boot is an differen partition/sw-raid. Therefore lilo
> should at least remain for sqeeze to ensure a proper upgrade path.

I'm afraid you're mistaken here. Lenny D-I should (and AFAIK does) default
to grub for that setup.

/boot on normal partition or RAID1 + / on whatever combination of RAID+LVM
is supported fine by grub. Unless there is some other factor that you've
not mentioned D-I does not fall back to lilo for that.

Cheers,
FJP