Re: "Team uploads"

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> So I object to using NMU version for team uploads but I would like to
> have a mechanism for a team upload that doesn't lead to people adding
> themselves in Uploaders when they don't have a (real/long-term) commitment
> to the package.

You can put the team name and mailing list in the changelog. That will avoid the
lintian warning and you can look for team uploads by looking at uploads with the
team name in the Changed-By field. A recent example:

python-markdown (1.7-2) unstable; urgency=low

  [ Sandro Tosi ]
  * debian/control
    - switch Vcs-Browser field to viewsvn

  [ Emilio Pozuelo Monfort ]
  * debian/rules: Don't rely on python-support directory
    structure. Thanks Josselin Mouette. Closes: #517061.
  * Standards-Version is 3.8.0. No changes needed.

 -- Debian Python Modules Team <python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:35:20 +0100