Re: "Team uploads"

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Just like NMUs: just because a package had a small number of NMUs does
> not mean it needs special QA attention. But a pattern of only NMUs is
> a tag for QA attention. As Paul means them (I'm in the team, but for

The point of team upload is precisely so that you can update the package
and not take responsibility for a package that you don't want to maintain
in the long run.

I was in many Uploaders field because lintian complain if you are not in
Uploaders/Maintainer, yet I was there only for a single team upload for a
perl or a python transition and using an NMU version would have been
wrong because everything was properly done in the team VCS and there
was no NMU to integrate for the next person working on the package.

So I object to using NMU version for team uploads but I would like to
have a mechanism for a team upload that doesn't lead to people adding
themselves in Uploaders when they don't have a (real/long-term) commitment
to the package.

Then, the Maintainer/Uploader field would be again more accurate to
know if we have people that care about the packages or not. So I see this
change as good move to better detect that nobody cares about the package.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/