Re: Improvements to ‘debian/watch’ for fetching from VCS

On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 01:35:17PM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> opts=handler=svn http://domain.tld/svn/foo/...
>
> would do the right thing.

What about uscan being able to use custom make targets in debian/rules?

There could be a way to tell uscan to use the following:

  debian/rules get-orig-source

  debian/rules check-version

This allows developers the flexibility to handle any situation, and doesn't
bloat uscan by having to add all kinds of fancy handlers for different version
control systems.

As a concrete benefit, my nightly cron to check uscan for all my packages will
be able to alert me about the ones pulled from repository revisions, all I would
need to do is add a new "check-version" target.

Best,