Re: Re: [GSoC] KDE4/Qt4 based package manager

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Obey Arthur Liu (arthur@milliways.fr):

> > synaptic or shaman (from Chakra). I think that aptitude-gtk and adept
> > are not userfriendly. Using these applications was quite difficult for
> Heartfelt thank yous! (I'm the guy responsible for aptitude-gtk.. :D )

Is this silly to think that, as most of the (good) work was made in
aptitude-gtk, an aptitude-qt development would be a better idea?
At first sight, it does sound silly to me. aptitude-gtk is a GTK+ GUI for Aptitude. Similarly, aptitude-qt would be a Qt UI for Aptitude. But Aptitude is an APT front-end. Which means aptitude-qt would be a front-end to a front-end. We only want a Qt/KDE APT front-end.

aptitude-foo was tried in last summer's GSoC, resulting in aptitude-gtk. It's only experimental, but it not only depends on aptitude, it's also part of the aptitude source package. I'm not convinced that an aptitude-qt would do much better.