Re: NEW processing

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 06:18:00PM +0900, Changwoo Ryu wrote:
> 2009-03-25 (???), 16:55 +0800, Deng Xiyue:
>
> > IMHO, except package with just SONAME bump, packages in NEW queue are
> > better processed in a FIFO manner.  Just my two cents.
>
> OTH, do we really need a manual check for SONAME bump? Was there any
> upload rejection in the past on new binary package addition cases?

Yes, there have definately been times when packages are rejected from
NEW that only got there becuase of a package addition.  I'd say its
common, even.   If a package passes through new, then the maintainer
uploads without really paying attention to what they are uploading,
upstream licensing may have changed, making the package no longer
acceptable.  Or the package might have passed NEW in the past when it
really shoudln't have.

stew