Re: Alioth - Convert SVN repo to Git

Reinhard Tartler a écrit :
>> Not completely. If you have the tarballs of the released versions you
>> can import and merge them.
>
> can you point me to someone (or ideally to a script or detailed
> explanation) that managed to do that in an automated way?

We did that inside the OCaml team to migrate our packages from svn to
git, using a (quite hackish) script of mine. See:

  http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce/GitMigration

Among packages owned by pkg-ocaml-maint on alioth, many have been
converted this way (see e.g. ocaml, ocsigen, cduce... there are tens of
them). The script is pkg-ocaml-maint-specific for now, but should be
easily made more generic.

Cheers,

--
Stéphane