Re: Alioth - Convert SVN repo to Git

Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> writes:

> I tried to put together a guide[1] to convert SVN repo to Git hosted on Alioth.
>
> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#ConvertaSVNAliothrepositorytoGit
>
> Since I'm not that expert in Git, I'd like to ask you for its review.
> The conversion and all other steps are working, but there's room for
> improvement, I think.

the howto is useful if you want to convert the svn history of a project.

The approach is IME useless for converting package branches that only
contain the debian/ directory of a package. This kind of package branch
layout is commongly found on svn.debian.org.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4