Re: realtime kernel for Debian (was: Please Improve Debian for Multimedia Production)

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Grammostola Rosea
<rosea.grammostola@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mmh this is interesting, cause there is an realtime kernel available in the
> ubuntu hardy repo, but not in Debian yet. Would be nice if there was one
> which users could install. But I'm not an rt-kernel expert at all, so maybe
> I should forward this to some other people...
>
> But I think it's good to have some discussion about a realtime kernel for
> Debian on the Debian-dev list...
> Looking forward to your opinions on this.

We have had a Xen Linux image, so there should be no problem to add an
-rt kernel variant. I would suggest filing a wishlist bug with patch
on the linux-2.6 source package.

--
bye,
pabs