Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:00:00 -0700
Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> > No. It is not up to the Debian maintainer to decide that some
> > contributor has written enough of the code to also be mentioned in
> > the (C) lines in a particular file. But as soon as upstream lists
> > them either in a file header or the AUTHORS file the Debian
> > maintainer has to copy that information into debian/copyright.
> So it's not up to the Debian maintainer, but it is up to the ftp team?
> Why?

I'm not ftpmaster, but I can guess.  You yourself have said there is
not Debian entity, which means that ftpmaster is *personally* liable
for legal actions take as a result of problems with the archive.  As
the ones personally liable they make any final decision about what goes
in the archive and what doesn't.

And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore
GnuPG Key Fingerprint 86 F5 81 A5 D4 2E 1F 1C      http://gnupg.org