Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> writes:

> We require, and have seen nothing to convince us otherwise, that Debian
> maintainers need to do the basic work of listing each copyright holder in
> debian/copyright, as seen in the source files and AUTHORS list or
> equivalent (if any).

Is this requirement being applied uniformly?  I don't see any
such attempt in linux-image-2.6.28-1-686, to pick one example at
random, even though the Linux kernel comes with a very long list
of subsystem maintainers who are presumably authors or copyright
holders.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org