Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 02:47:04AM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> This has clear advantages for being able to post-process, check, search, and
> navigate copyright information using whatever tools the community decides would
> be profitable.

I'm not quite clear as to why this is an advantage yet Currently, this
seems to have been designed to provide interfaces for future tools to
use, while not regarding whether or not people want those tools.

Could you provide a use case or two to help clarify things? The main
one I see is for an end user to look at a packages copyright file and
say 'yes, I can use it for $foo', which is a case that's detracted from
in the proposal.

Neil
--
<blarson> I use three different operating systems: Sarge, Etch, and Sid.