Re: Proposal: Enhance requirements for General resolutions

On Sat, 21, Mar, 2009 at 03:47:57PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert spoke thus..
> - - - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> [   ] Choice 1: Enhance seconders to 2Q [3:1]
> [   ] Choice 2: Enhance seconders to Q [3:1]
> [   ] Choice 3: Further Discussion
> - - - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
> As this will change the constitution it will need a 3:1 to win. (see
> Constitution 4.1.2)
>
> Of course, this being a proposal to enhance the required seconds, I
> would love if many people do second this, even if we might be past the
> currently needed limit already. The more the better. :)
>
> PROPOSAL START
> General Resolutions are an important framework within the Debian
> Project. Yet, in a project the size of Debian, the current requirements
> to initiate one are too small.
>
> Therefore the Debian project resolves that
>  a) The constitution gets changed to not require K developers to sponsor
>     a resolution, but floor(2Q). [see §4.2(1)]
>  b) Delaying a decision of a Delegate or the DPL [§4.2(2.2)],
>     as well as resolutions against a shortening of discussion/voting
>     period or to overwrite a TC decision [§4.2(2.3)] requires floor(Q)
>     developers to sponsor the resolution.
>  c) the definition of K gets erased from the constitution. [§4.2(7)]
>
> (Numbers in brackets are references to sections in the constitution).
> PROPOSAL END

Seconded.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"Irish police are being handicapped in a search for a stolen van, because
 they cannot issue a description. It's a special branch vehicle, and they
 don't want the public to know what it looks like."
     The Guardian