Re: net-tools future

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 09:05:53AM +0100, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:
> > You can do this with ethtool now, and more cleanly:
> >
> > 	link-speed 100
> > 	link-duplex full
>
> Yes, I know.  But that means that existing working configurations have
> to be modified.

Which should not be an argument to hold back progress. Every release
upgrade contains with it such cases, and they are all handled, either
through documentation in /usr/share/doc/<relevant package>, or through
meta packages, or through the release notes.

This is no different.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22