Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> writes:

> On 2009-03-20, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > All of what you've demonstrated is part of what Mike covered with
> > ???one has to go through all of the source files anyway???, is it
> > not? The point I got from his message is that, having *already*
> > accepted the burden of going through all the files, one can then
> > record the copyright status while doing that.
>
> So far, comaintainers of gnome, kde, webkit, xulrunner and firefox
> are saying that this is a major extra burden.

What is “this” that you refer to, though? Going through the files
that one is proposing to distribute? Or recording their copyright
status as one goes? That's a key distinction that I'm not seeing
addressed in your objection.

--
 \       “I met my girlfriend in Macy's; she was buying clothes, and I |
  `\           was putting Slinkies on the escalators.” —Steven Wright |