Re: group nvram

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:37:59AM +0100, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:

> > But if the collective opinion of the project is that the issue does not
> > exist then I will happily close bugs like #516149 and tell users to live
> > with it. Please advise.

> They should add this group to their ldap database. At least it should
> be documented that debian system need this group. BTW redhat has also
> rdma, fuse, kvm group.

No, they should not.  The system groups referenced by udev should instead
always be present in /etc/group.

However, I wonder if Marco isn't arguing on the basis of old information;
lookups for LDAP at boot time should not result in long timeouts, and it's a
bug in nss_ldap/libldap if they do - a bug which I thought had been
addressed by now.