[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Mass bugfiling in preparation for multiarch


Dne Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:34:28 +0100
Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> napsal(a):

> So we should just ignore blatant policy violation until the moment they
> do bite us in the ass? So we wait until the verry last moment when
> everything would be ready to use multiarch and then we freeze squeeze
> before package can be fixed to be multiarch compatible?
> And by the way. We had basic multiarch support before sarge.  This is
> not "before". This is after it has already killed multiarch for 2
> stable releases. If we don't get things moving in parallel it will
> never be ready for squeeze either.

How about first providing list of affected packages (processed through
dd-list)? I'm pretty sure that many issues will be fixed just after you
point them out, just the maintainer was not aware of this problem.

PS: This also looks to me like good candidate for lintian test, have
you considered also this option?

	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply to: