Re: Mass bugfiling in preparation for multiarch

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:11:35PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> over the weekend I did some work on multiarch again and did notice
> some new and old problems when adding more libraries to my test set.
>
> Given that the problems are quite easily detectable I'm considering
> scanning all packages for their occurance and reporting bugs for them.
> In detail I'm looking for the following situations violating 'Policy
> 8.2 Shared library support files':

[snip]

> Any objections to this? Note that most will be violations of a MUST
> directive of policy.

If you want to get some more multiarch ennemies, this is clearly the
way to go.

The alternate method is to post a list to debian-devel, and when we have
a basic multiarch support, you may start thinking about filling bugs.
Not before.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73