Re: Environment variables, debian/rules and dpkg-buildpackage

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Raphael Hertzog said:
> > Care to elaborate what kind of flexibility you need in this specific case ?
> I don't.  I'm imagining that some of our downstreams may.

It's precisely one of our downstreams that pushed the
dpkg-buildpackage change (Ubuntu). I don't think most downstreams
care a lot about the exact implementation, but they clearly want
a way to alter defauld build flags at the distribution level.

This all started with:

Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :