Re: A hack to alleviate transitions in Britney; now what?

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:48:22AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:

> [I'm personally slightly concerned about relaxing britney allowing
> testing to get into unreleasable states; a flag to re-enable the old
> behavoir late in release would probably be good.]

In practice, the release team has to do this at various points in the
release cycle anyway because the transitions become so entangled that
breaking something in testing, or removing a bunch of packages that we
intend to release with, are the only options.  This approach at least
ensures that testing will remain installable and (presumably) useful during
the rocky transitions, merely requiring a bit of cleanup of old packages.