Re: A hack to alleviate transitions in Britney; now what?

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 04:44:08PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > Now, this has its own set of problems and caveats as well, since
> > if you don’t pay attention and take care of later cleanup, you end
> > up with packages in testing that do not belong to any source in
> > testing, which is bad.
>
> Will there be reports produced on a regular basis of the stale
> libraries in testing, and their reverse-dependencies, so that people
> can easily pitch in to help with this later cleanup?

Even better would be to turn this report into a set of bugs filed
against the set of reverse dependencies which are made RC at the time
that the transition migrates.

[I'm personally slightly concerned about relaxing britney allowing
testing to get into unreleasable states; a flag to re-enable the old
behavoir late in release would probably be good.]

Don Armstrong

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"