Re: debhelper >= 7.2.3, doc-base, and lintian

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 15:33 -0400, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> I just built a new version of one of my packages, and I got some
> lintian errors like this:
>
> E: qpdf: prerm-does-not-call-installdocs usr/share/doc-base/qpdf-manual
[...]
> Once I know where the problem is, I can either fix my packages or
> submit a bug to the appropriate place.

The problem is that you have an out-of-date version of lintian. :-)

        lintian (2.2.7) unstable; urgency=low

          The "debhelper 7.2.3 and lots of fiddly infrastructure fixes" release.
        [...]
            + Removed
              - description-synopsis-has-leading-spaces
              - postinst-does-not-call-installdocs
              - prerm-does-not-call-installdocs
        [...]
         -- Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>  Sun, 08 Mar 2009 21:58:32 -0700

(on a related subject, note that lintian 2.2.8 will revert some of the
debhelper 7.2.3 changes to the menu handling, to match changes in
debhelper 7.2.5)

Adam