Re: debhelper >= 7.2.3, doc-base, and lintian

(Wild guesses follow.)

Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org> (11/03/2009):
>    * dh_installdocs: No longer add maintainer script code to call
>      doc-base, as it supports triggers in stable.
>
> This version was uploaded on 3/7/2009.
>
> I can't really parse "as it supports triggers in stable."  Who is "it"
> and what triggers is "it" supporting?

it = doc-base. dpkg triggers = writing stuff somewhere triggers some
actions at the end of the installation run (instead of one per package).

> Who is right?  Is lintian and also the doc-base manual that it
> references correct?  Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

I guess lintian would have to be updated.

Mraw,
KiBi.