Re: urgent RFH: please help test mdadm 2.6.7.2-1

Hi Martin!

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:46:53 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> I found a bit of time to package up mdadm 2.6.7.2-1, which fixes two
> RC bugs, but I cannot test it. I've built unofficial packages for
> i386 and amd64 and put them at
>
>   http://debian.madduck.net/repo/pool/main/m/mdadm/
>
> so please try them out if you can, otherwise I won't be able to
> upload them soon, which might delay the lenny release.

I tested it on two lenny-i386 servers installing via SSH (thus no
physical access to the machines) and all went well :-)

- (backup) an HP Vectra VEi8, system number D8183A, with a P-II 350MHz,
  128MB RAM, with two RAID1 arrays on 250GB S-ATA disks: 200M /boot and
  the rest for / managed through LVM.

  At installation, debconf asked for the MD arrays needed for the root
  file system.

- (asterisk) an HP Kayak XU800 (http://bugs.debian.org/502147), with two
  RAID1 arrays for / spanned on three different SCSI disks and managed
  through LVM.

  No debconf question at installation in this case.

I am going to re-install another HP Vectra VEi8 with the same
specifications as above: should I test our udeb, as well?

HTH!

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca