Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ???lenny-ignore????

Luca Capello wrote the following on 23.10.2008 10:53

<- *snip* ->

>>         That should be good enough to install, and then add non-free to
>>  sources.list and get the firmware required for the driver to work
>>  (absent a non-free debian installer that bundles non-free bits). This
>>  is no different from what I have had to do already for my nvidia card
>>  (degraded X support until I arranged to have non-free nvidia drivers
>>  installed). I would think that was an acceptable solution.
>
> +1.
>
> Thx, bye,
> Gismo / Luca

What does that mean?

Is it:
one more *pseudo-freeness-preacher* that is OK with delaying the lenny
release *to remove a handful bytes which makes hardware work at all* but then
finds it absolutely perfect to install a several *megabytes of CLOSED driver*
just to increase performance on an already working device??

Really i can't take you seriously....

--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09