Re: Bug reports of DFSG violations are tagged ‘lenny-ignore’?

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 09:33:49PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 08:46:18PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> > Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:
> > > It seems we relied primarily on the release team, which has betrayed
> > > the goals of the project,
> >
> > I do not accept to be called names because I firmly believe that
> > Debian's goal is to distribute the best possible free software to our
> > users. All of our work has no value unless people are able to use the
> > software we integrate, test and improve.
> >
> > I believe what you want to say is "I'm willing to pick up all the work
> > of the release team" before you start insulting the people who invest a
> > lot more time into this project than you do.
>
> Sorry for my blunt description of the situation.  Sometimes it has to come
> this way, but I don't think it's insulting.

It is incredibly insulting.

> If that makes you feel better, I dearly appreciate most of your work (that is,
> the part that doesn't involve dismissing DFSG violations as non-RC issues).

Not at all. A justification that involves a 'but' is nullified. If you
really want to help, I'd love to see some drivers that you consider free
that will replace the ones that you don't.

Neil
--
* hermanr feels like a hedgehog having sex...