Re: Available papersizes vs. default papersizes

Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

>> Some argued that every paper which can be fed to a printer on the
>> market might be used as default size on a particular system.
>
> If you'd like to use a different default, how difficult is the
> implementation for the user/administrator of the box in question?

It's quite straightforward to add new sizes to the configuration files
by hand, and also to make the the default size. Therefore it doesn't do
much harm when this has to be done by the local admin.

And from the point of view of writing packaging scripts it isn't hard,
either: I can simply ignore sizes not available in the upstream scripts
(should I give a warning on stdout?).

>> Do you have any suggestions?
>
> I forwarded your question to d-u. Maybe some 'users' over there have
> some suggestions of what they use/require... [3]

Thank you, good idea!

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster